Monday, January 3, 2011

The New Year

Welcome back. I hope everyone enjoyed Winter Break and is recharged and ready to go.

Over the next week, I will be reviewing upcoming curriculum with staff and map our course of action for next three months. Our staff is working to continue to provide standards based curriculum in meaningful ways for our students.

We will also continue working with students as they mature and seek positive interactions with each other. Our students all benefit when we treat each other with respect.

I welcome parents to contact the school at any time to review curriculum goals, PBIS positive behaviors and expectations, and any other aspect of GKMS life. Only by working together can we continue to make GKMS a great place.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to know if the Genoa Kingston School District is planning to submit a grant to be one of the 50 Illinois school districts considered for Radon testing; from what I understand a $38,000 grant will help pay for screening. Please comment.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not personally aware of this grant but will pass on to our unit office. Thank you for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete